Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Advanced Interpretive Services for US Army Corps of Engineers
Managers, Supervisors & Team Leaders
Advanced COE IS Course participants
15 Units, 3 CEU Credits
This course is designed for COE Rangers, Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who have completed the basic COE Interpretive Services Course and are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in environmental and cultural interpretation and interpretive services management. The course provides a solid overview of several key managerial issues in interpretation, from interpretive planning, using interpretation to accomplish management issues, interpretive services contracting and critiquing and evaluating interpretive staff. This is NOT an official COE training course (purple book) but has the same content as the "live" Advanced IS Course. As the advanced course is sometimes cancelled due to low enrollment, this is a privately offered training experience for those still wanting the advanced instruction (same content -
The course content is an expanded e-
The course instructor is John Veverka, the current COE contract trainer for both the Interpretive Services course offered in Huntsville, and the Advanced Interpretive Services course offered in Portland, OR.
Resources you will be provided with:
* John Veverkas new college textbook Two Volume e-
* Copies of completed JVA Interpretive Master Plans for COE Projects as examples.
* John Veverkas new Interpretive Trails Book.
* A variety of other handout materials on advanced interpretation.
* This course will:
* Provide you with a solid overview of new and updated interpretive concepts and techniques.
* Give you additional expertise in being an interpretive planning project manager.
* Give you direction in writing a Request for Proposal for hiring a consultant to design/fabricate various interpretive services and media.
* Give you specific details of what should be in an Interpretive Master Plan for USCOE Park.
* Give you updated and new strategies for using interpretation to help accomplish your management objectives.
About the Instructor: Prof. John Veverka
Interpretive Master Planning -
advanced interpretive courses including interpretive planning units.)
Carolina State University, New York State University.
What are the Units?
Unit One -
Unit Two -
Unit Three -
Unit Four -
Unit Five -
Unit Six -
Unit Seven -
Unit Eight -
Unit Nine -
Unit Ten -
Unit Eleven -
Unit Twelve -
Unit Thirteen -
Unit Fourteen -
Unit Fifteen -
If you would like more details on this advanced course please feel free to contact me. If you would like to enroll in this course, click on the Pay Now button below, and off we go to get you started. Course tuition is: $500.00 USD.
Prof. John Veverka
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="LUAPF7WW256CY">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal -
<img alt="" border="0" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1">